I made an Oreo Stuffed M&M Bars this past weekend. This is not a drill.
My inner fat kid is on full display here. I tweaked my M&M Cookie recipe, made it into blondie bars and stuffed it with Oreos. I don’t know what I was thinking. That’s a lie. I was thinking, “Damn, I bet that would be amazing.” And it was. These Oreo Stuffed M&M Bars are 100% indulgence, but it’s worth every calorie.
I would probably eat anything if it was stuffed with Oreos. It’s one of those foods that I rarely have in my pantry, because I simply can’t control myself around them. The only self control that I had when making this was using original Oreos rather than reaching for the Double Stuffed. Maybe next time though…
As insane as this dessert looks, it’s so easy to make. It’s just a giant cookie recipe pressed into an 8×8 baking pan with whole Oreos in the middle. Alternatively, you could crush the Oreos and sprinkle them in. Both would be delicious, but I think leaving the Oreos whole has a higher oh-my-good-gracious factor.
Don’t be alarmed when you pick up the pan and it’s roughly the weight of a newborn. I told you this was pure indulgence.
- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 16 Oreos, whole or crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8x8 inch pan with non-stick spray. Line with parchment and lightly spray again.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix until just combined. Mix in M&Ms on low.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan. Add a single layer of Oreos on top or crush the Oreos and sprinkle on top. Press the remaining half of the dough over top of the Oreos, making sure to cover them completely. Sprinkle a handful of M&Ms on top and lightly press them into the dough for presentation points.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting into.