If you are equal parts lazy and chocolate addicted then these One Bowl Brownies are for you.
In my humble opinion, brownies should have addictively chewy edges, fudgy centers and crinkley tops. These One Bowl Brownies check everything off the list plus they’re perfect for my fellow lazy bakers because there’s minimal clean up.
Lazy bakers unite!
These brownies start like all brownies should, by melting chocolate and butter together. I wish I could bottle the smell of melted butter and chocolate. I’m sure there is a candle somewhere out there that imitates it, but you can’t beat the real deal. Take in a big whiff and prepare for your eyes to turn into hearts.
Next up are the eggs, vanilla and sugar, each added individually. Beat each ingredient in well with a whisk to ensure you’ll have that crinkley top.
Pop a sieve or sifter over the bowl and add in the remaining dry ingredients. Swap out your whisk for a rubber spatula and fold until the flour is just combined. Pour the batter into an 8×8″ pan, throw it in the oven and you’re done!
If you want you can add some extras to these One Bowl Brownies—chocolate chips, toffee bits, nuts—whatever your little heart desires!
My family has very strong opinions about nuts in brownies, so I kept it simple this time. Look out for fun variation in the future! For now, indulge on chocolate and laziness with these One Bowl Brownies.
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray and line with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate and butter together in 15 second bursts.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time making sure to beat in the first egg completely before adding the next one.
- Add vanilla and sugar and whisk in well.
- Place a sifter over the bowl and add flour, cocoa powder and salt. Once you’ve pushed the ingredients through the sifter, fold them in with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan, and spread out into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before diving in.